Here is a new favorite recipe just in time for the big game weekend. You don’t need to be a football fan, or even vegan to enjoy this really tasty treat. It’s simple to make and a new opportunity to do something different with cauliflower.
Like this recipe? Get more in my cookbook Wandering Palate!
Servings: 2 ( as a side dish or Netflix snack)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut off the florets of the cauliflower into large bite size pieces and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl. add cassava flour, cumin, salt, garlic and onion powder. Slowly add coconut milk in 1 tablespoon at a time until it gets the consistency of batter. Make sure it’s not too runny, you want the consistency of a pancake.
4. Coat each floret in the batter and try to get it as thick as possible.
5. Place all the battered Florets on the baking sheet not touching each other and bake for 20min or until slightly brown.
6. While the florets are baking, melt the coconut oil in a small bowl and add some honey and hot sauce. Mix to desired sweetness and spice level.
7. When florets are fully baked, remove them from the oven and let them sit for 5-10 minutes to cool.
8. Once cooled, dip and coat them in the hot sauce/honey mixture and place back on the tray.
9. Bake coated florets for another 10 minutes until they are crispy, being careful not to overcook them.
10. Serve with celery and carrot sticks and some Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)