Fresh salmon takes on sweet and tangy flavors so well which is why this orange salmon should make it onto everyone’s table. The salmon is glazed in an orange sauce that is balanced out by garlic, onion powder and fresh herbs, and is particularly delicious when served with crisp green vegetables, or even hot cooked rice or cauliflower rice. This dish also looks elegant and would be ideal to serve the next time you plan to make dinner for guests.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon orange zest
¾ cup orange juice
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
1 lb salmon fillets
1 to 2 tablespoons tapioca starch or cassava flour
1. In a bowl, whisk the chicken broth with the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, rosemary and thyme until combined. Set aside.
2. Warm the coconut oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook on both sides until golden and cooked through.
3. While the salmon is cooking, heat the chicken broth mixture in a saucepan on the stove.
4. Once simmering, turn down the heat and add 1 tablespoon of the tapioca starch (or cassava flour) at a time until the desired thickness is reached. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
5. Pour the sauce over the salmon and serve with blanched asparagus or green beans.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Make sure to Post on Instagram and Tag @thetrailtohealth and use hashtag #TheTrailToHealth
You can follow my journey on Facebook and Instagram.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from purchases made through them, at no additional cost to you, which helps keep this content free. I only promote products I trust and use myself. Please see Disclosure Policy for more details.