This refreshing pink drink is perfect for children with some bubbling, soda water or an adult get-together with the additions of tequila or mezcal. Find the ripest, sweetest watermelon you can for the best tasting, effervescent beverage.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
1 seedless watermelon
Fresh mint, to taste
Ice cubes or crushed ice
Lime slices, mint leaves and watermelon wedges, for garnish
Mezcal, tequila or vodka (optional)
1. Peel and chop the watermelon and roughly chop the mint.
2. Squeeze the juice of the limes into a bowl.
3. In a high powered blender, like a Vitamix, blend the watermelon with the tamper until it is liquefied.
4. Add the mint and lime juice, and blend until combined. If you are adding honey, you can add up to a tablespoon for additional sweetness, but I find the fruit is sweet enough.
5. Pour through a sieve or nut bag to remove any pulp.
6. Pour into glasses or a pitcher over ice cubes or crushed ice.
7. Top with a splash of soda water and garnish with additional lime and mint leaves, and a wedge of watermelon.
8. Optionally add mezcal, tequila or vodka if you want to be more festive.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Make sure to Post on Instagram and Tag @thetrailtohealth and use hashtag #TheTrailToHealth