This refreshing salad is sure to become a fixture of summer picnics and outdoor dinners with ruby watermelon cubes and crisp cucumber slices. For a salty kick, Feta is the perfect cheese to sprinkle on top, but it works perfectly without if you or someone you know can’t have dairy.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
1 seedless watermelon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Juice of 2 limes
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
¼ cup olive oil
Salt, to taste
1. Peel and chop the watermelon.
2. Using a peeler, peel the cucumber lengthwise so that there are peeled strips alternating with strips of green skin. Cut in half lengthwise and slice into half moons.
3. Toss the watermelon with the cucumber in a bowl. Garnish with fresh mint and feta (optional).
1. Squeeze the juice of the 2 limes into a bowl.
2. Add the fresh mint and olive oil, and whisk to combine. Season with salt to taste. Pour on top of the salad and serve immediately
Did you Make This Recipe?
Make sure to Post on Instagram and Tag @thetrailtohealth and use hashtag #TheTrailToHealth