Family favorite tacos are turned into a healthy, weeknight salad in these taco salad bowls. By using balls of aluminum foil, you can create your own tacos bowls at home with cassava tortillas. Simply drape the tortillas over the balls of foil and allow to toast in the oven until golden and crisp. Once done, they are filled with lettuce as well as all the best components of traditional tacos like tomatoes, beef, cilantro and cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 18 minutes
4 Siete brand cassava flour tortillas
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen avocado oil (code TRAILTOHEALTH gets you 10% off)
1 Ib grass fed ground beef (Code AP10 gets you $10 off + free bacon)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups shredded lettuce
2 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup sliced black olives
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 avocados, diced
1 cup shredded grass fed cheddar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
2. Crumple 4 balls of aluminum foil, about 3” (7.6 cm) apart on a baking sheet.
3. Drape each tortilla over a foil ball and brush with the melted coconut oil. Place in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
4. In a large skillet set over medium heat, heat the avocado oil. Add the beef, garlic powder, onion powder and salt, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. To serve, fill the tortillas with the meat mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, avocados and cheese (optional).
Did you Make This Recipe?
Make sure to Post on Instagram and Tag @thetrailtohealth and use hashtag #TheTrailToHealth
You can follow my journey on Facebook and Instagram.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from purchases made through them, at no additional cost to you, which helps keep this content free. I only promote products I trust and use myself. Please see Disclosure Policy for more details.