Bundt is a classic ring-style cake which is great for serving to large crowds or having on hand when guests come over. It contains a double dose of apples in the form of apple sauce and grated fresh apples which both serve to make the cake moist and fluffy, and give it plenty of fruity taste. For easy removal, make sure you grease your pan very well, but in the case of tears, don’t worry, as the glaze will cover them up.
Servings: 8 to 12
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
3 cups blanched almond flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup coconut oil or butter
½ cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
½ cup apple sauce
1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
3 cups peeled and grated apples
½ cup coconut butter, melted
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
water as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Grease your bundt cake pan with coconut oil or softened butter.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer bowl, beat the coconut oil (or butter) with the sugar, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the apples.
4. Continue mixing, while slowly adding the flour mixture, until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the pan and then invert onto a cake pedestal.
1. While the cake is baking, whisk the coconut butter with the milk, maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla in a small bowl. Slowly add water until the right consistency is achieved.
2. Once the cake is completely cool, drizzle with the glaze.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Make sure to Post on Instagram and Tag @thetrailtohealth and use hashtag #TheTrailToHealth
You can follow my journey on Facebook and Instagram.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from purchases made through them, at no additional cost to you, which helps keep this content free. I only promote products I trust and use myself. Please see Disclosure Policy for more details.